February 21, 2019
Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: 25% time (10 hours a week)
This is a short-term, hourly, contractor position from early March through June 30, 2019.
Position could turn into a permanent position with increased hours (20-25) beginning July, 2019, contingent on funding.
Working environment is fun and flexible, interacting with families and occasionally working from home. Position is open until filled.
Pay rate is $16/hour.
Program Support and Client Communications: (approx. 50% time)
- Monitor and respond to internal and external email, website inquiries, and correspondence, forwarding to appropriate person if needed.
- Serve as staff in Resource Room as needed: keep shelves stocked and cleaned, check out customers.
- Take extra Resource Room donations made to Many Mothers to area shelters.
- Provide back up for program coordinator or executive director as necessary.
- Attend outreach events and represent Many Mothers as needed.
- Check Many Mothers voicemail regularly and field messages to appropriate person.
Marketing/Advertising: (approx. 25% time)
- Maintain and update Facebook (5-6 x a week), along with our MM Postpartum Parenting Group events and Resource Room announcements.
- Facilitate design, printing, and mailing of event notices, appeals, and invitations as directed with assistance from ED and Board of Directors.
- Place advertising as directed by ED.
IT: (approx. 25% time)
- Update and maintain organization’s website with current events and initiatives (WordPress).
- Update, track, and record all events, program RSVPs, and donations in CRM system (LGL).
- Maintain standards and procedures for correct data entry.
- Accuracy – proofreads work for spelling/grammar, computation errors.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands.
- Detail Orientation – focuses on and accurately executes the details.
- Interpersonal Skills – develops and maintains positive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Organizational and Time Management Skills – easily manages multiple, simultaneous projects to completion.
- Passion – believes in the goals and mission of Many Mothers
- Planning – anticipates the unexpected and develops alternative options.
- Prioritization – meets deadlines, accomplishes work in order of priority.
- Self Confidence and Self Initiative – comfortable and self-assured about their own abilities and skills, eager to take initiative.
- Team Player – self-directed individual who willingly and capably contributes to the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Four years of related administrative experience providing support to management.
- Minimum High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of Facebook and other social media sites.
- Proficient in MS Office; Google/G-mail applications including calendars and docs and/or Dropbox. Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, Photoshop and/or In-Design is a plus.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
Future Duties Contemplated
- Assist with community outreach and fundraising as identified by the ED.
- Assist in marketing for the organization.
- Log, copy, and deposit checks/receipts as received.
- Assist ED with finalizing monthly financial statements and reports for review by the Treasurer.
- Pick up, open, and distribute mail.